“Too often we underestimate the power
of a touch, a smile, a listening ear,
an honest compliment or the smallest act of caring,
all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
I wanted to start this, a post where you get to meet me on a more personal level, with the mantra I live by. Kindness is a virtue, one that I choose to practice every day. Nothing makes me smile more than seeing others happy, which is why I enjoy capturing the most momentous occasions of people’s lives.
If you’re here, chances are you’ve been following Juniper James Photography, whether through this blog or my social media accounts. I feel like it’s about time we got to know one another a little better. I’m Alekz Jorgensen, owner and operator of Juniper James Photography.
There are a few things you should know about me…
- I love the water! That includes swimming, boating, bubble baths, anything! This is probably because I’m a midwest gal who grew up in Marquette, Michigan, a small city located right on Lake Superior.
- For as long as I can remember I’ve loved everything Art, from fashion to interiors, architecture to creative writing. Anything creative is something I want to be involved in. The feeling I get working on an artistic endeavor is indescribable – really getting lost is the best experience.
- I have a little brother named Finn, I’m sixteen years older…but we’re very close and always have a hilarious time together. I don’t know what I’d do without him.
- I have a wild imagination. Seriously…you wouldn’t believe some of the ideas I dream up!
- I grew up exploring art museums, traveling, drawing, and painting. My parents were always surrounded by interesting people from all different walks of life. My mom would throw the most fabulous dinner parties with not one person alike in the bunch. There was always live music with rooms full of laughter and diverse conversation.
- Jim and I cook dinner every night. We’re self-proclaimed foodies and love to create different dishes.
- I love getting older. If you’re not changing you’re not growing. Every year, every day even, I get the chance to reflect, learn from mistakes, and get closer to the best self I can be. “The core of mans’ spirit comes from new experiences.” ― Jon Karkauer
- My bags are always packed – literally. Over the past five years, my husband and I have traveled all over the world, 21 countries and over 50 cities. We enjoy being submersed in different cultures more than anything else.
red lipstick, cozy Sundays, good energy, books
my French Bulldog Fleetwood Mac, my best friend & other half James, live music, reading, indie/foreign films
parties, Vogue, wine & cheese, Curb your enthusiasm
Lastly, at the end of every day, no matter how hard the day has been, I find a reason to be grateful. I surround myself with constant daily affirmations so I never forget how thankful I am for this life. You being here and reading this is on the top of my list!
Get to know me even better by following JJP on Facebook and Instagram.